Tuesday 11 November 2008

Data Collection is not easy!

I am now in the process of the data collection and last wee was the first group I conducted an interview. Like most researchers, when you act as the moderator of the interview, you really feel that you can't control the flow of conversation. Sometimes, when I threw a question to the participants (students) I wasn't sure if the response was right for the question. Again, there is no right/wrong idea in giving your ideas and feedbacks regarding online learning.



so far, technical aspects of the e-learning at RMIT has been raised quite repeatedly and that doesn't surprise me. Not because of the service isn't good but because of the visibility of this problem for all students. Some other pedagogical and cultural aspects were mentioned in the conversation. I hope to hear more of these points (and some other points) from the next round of data collection.

Next week, I'm scheduled to interview 4 more students to finalize the perspectives from management students and the preliminary findings will be presented at the Academy of International Business Australia and New Zealand at the University of Sydney in December.

No comments: